How to Sublimate a Necktie
Sublimated ties make a great gift for any occasion. Made from soft polyester fabric, our ties will hold your vibrant colours from almost any sublimation ink. Available in a shiny or matte finish.
What You Will Need
- Sublimation Tie
- A Sublimation Transfer/Design to fit imprint area of 3.75"W x 57"L
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress or Iron
How to Sublimate on a Necktie
- Prepare your sublimation transfer/design, ensuring you mirror the design when you print it.
- Pre-heat your press to 380°F.
- Pre-press the tie for 5-10 seconds to get rid of any moisture.
- Use heat resistant tape to secure the image to the tie.
- Press your tie for 30 seconds using medium-firm pressure.
- Peel the transfer while it is still hot.
- Let the tie cool.
Heat Press Settings
- Temperature: 380°F
- Time: Press for 30 seconds
- Pressure: Medium - Firm
- Peel: Hot
Tips & Tricks
- Imprint dimensions are 3.75"W x 57"L.
- Be careful not to let the paper shift or rub across the tie as you peel as it could cause a ghosted image.
- Please keep in mind that these instructions are guidelines only, based on inks, paper, and products that we supply. Different materials and equipment may require you to adjust your time and temperature settings. If you find a different set of settings that work best for you, we'd love to hear what they are.
- If you are using a tie with a matte finish the colours will appear slightly muted compared to the shiny finish.