Tamiya acrylic paints are formulated with water-soluble acrylic resins, making them suitable for brush or airbrush application. They are compatible with styrene resins, Styrofoam, wood, and different model plastics, providing effective coverage, smooth flow, and ease of blending.
Tamiya bottle paint label meanings and quick tips:
• X appointed colors have a glossy finish while XF designated colours are flat finish.
• The paint can be thinned for airbrushing using Tamiya X-20A Acrylic thinner.
• Items 81521 and 81021 (Tamiya X-21 Flat Base) can be used as a flattening agent on Tamiya Gloss bottle paints. Simply add any X-gloss colour then add flat base. Mixing ratio: 1:1
• The paint can be also thinned for airbrushing using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner. Using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner will yield faster drying results and a harder finish.
• For better paint brushing results use Tamiya Paint Retarder (item 87114) for a smoother brushstroke free finish.
When airbrushing make sure to use any of the following Tamiya thinners: 81020, 81030, 81040, 81520, 87077.
Size: 10ml / 1/3 oz
Item: Tamiya 81501